By Craig Perrin
Craig is AchieveGlobal’s Director of Product Development and a long-time contributor to this blog. Since 1986, he has developed and led development of AchieveGlobal’s performance improvement solutions.
You can’t survey today’s vast business landscape without feeling some uncer tainty about the speed and trajectory of change.
While it sounds like an oxymoron, Bersin by Deloitte’s recent research report – Global Human Capital Trends 2014: Engaging the 21st century workforce – makes that uncertainty perfectly clear. Like the image of an explorer mapping constellations on the cover, this re port maps much of today’s business environment as parts unknown. Still, Bersin’s detailed analyses reveal some tangible features of our expanding business universe. For example, the report identifies:
- An explosion in post-recession investment and action
- Increasingly interdependent global realities
- A workplace transformed by technology
- Growing workforce diversity
- Regulatory shifts
- And an acute lack of the skills necessary to meet new challenges
This skill gap, according to Bersin, is situation critical. For 2014, the report identifies 12 major human capital trends that imply three strategic priorities. Organizations need to:
- Re-energize corporate learning by broadening, deepening, and accelerating leadership development at all levels
- Engage the workforce by attracting, on-boarding, developing, and leveraging talent
- And help HR professionals become skilled consultants who apply new technologies to meet local needs
If anything is truly tangible in our post-recession world, it’s the speed and scale of change. But according to the Bersin report, the right focus and preparation are reliable predictors of organizational success.
Learn more about how AchieveGlobal transforms organizational performance by engaging a diverse workforce and activating change and innovation.